We had a great conversation with Agent + Investor Investor
Here’s the recording:
- 0:00 Intro
- 2:01 How did you get started in multifamily investing?
- 3:05 What does being real estate developer involve and look like?
- 6:07 Should I invest in single family 1st before investing in multifamily?
- 7:02 Is it hard to get a loan to invest in multifamily?
- 8:18 How much money will I need to get started investing in multifamily?
- 11:08 What are the top 3 things you wished you knew before investing in multifamily?
- 16:26 Which metrics do you primarily focus on in multifamily when analyzing a deal? Cap Rate, Cash on cash, IRR, Something else?
- 13:38 Do you bring partners into your deals? If so, how do you typically structure those partnerships?
- 22:42 What is the biggest challenge with financing terms on multifamilies?
- 25:30 What’s your best advice for working with tenants?
- 27:08 Do you take care of the properties yourself or do you have a property management company?
- 27:49 If you do the work yourself, what’s your best advice for creating systems to do this?
- 29:31 How do you raise money for your projects? Especially when you were just starting out?
- 31:34 Did you have a mentor when you started? If yes, what’s the best advice they gave you? Success brings many fathers.
- 39:10 In the CarrotCast you did with Trevor, you mention that you learned how to be a creative finance investor. Can you tell us a bit about what that means and how that helped you?
- What is IRR?
- What is Cap Rate?
- Josue Velney on the CarrotCast
- EP 278: 4 Ways Chasing Pirates as a Marine Helped Josue Velney Become a Confident Real Estate Investor:
- John Martinez on the CarrotCast
- EP 150: Don’t Blow It! The Psychology of Negotiation: How To Talk With A House Seller to Close More Deals + Help More People w/ John Martinez:
- EP 178: Become a Negotiation Master | Top Techniques for Closing the Deal w/ John Martinez of REI Sales Academy:
- EP 267: Negotiation Mastery #1: How to Deliver a No-brainer Offer & Close More Sales, Faster w/ John Martinez: